Looking for an easy way to use up leftover turkey? This Keto Turkey Casserole is just what you need! With cooked turkey, spaghetti squash, and shredded cheese as the main ingredients, you know this dish is going to be full of flavor and taste!
One of the biggest struggles of the holiday season is trying to figure out what size of turkey to buy for Thanksgiving. But this year, you can stress a little bit less because even if you buy one too big, this low-carb leftover turkey casserole recipe will help you use up extra meat.
And if the concept of cooking with spaghetti squash is new to you, get ready to get impressed. The squash has the same texture as noodles do but without any of the extra carbs!
This list of easy ingredients proves that this low carb turkey casserole is simple and fast to make! Just gather them up and get ready to get started.
- Cooked turkey - Use up that leftover turkey right here!
- Spaghetti squash - Make sure to cook and shred it first. A good alternative is cauliflower rice.
- Dried minced garlic and dried minced onion - You can sub in fresh if you prefer, just cut up the garlic and onions small so they soften during the cooking process. Onion powder and garlic powder also work.
- Herbes de Provence - This is the perfect seasoning for this recipe. You can sub in another blend of spices if you prefer. Any dried herb blend that you enjoy with poultry would be fine.
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper - Add to your liking.
- Cream cheese - Have the cream cheese at room temperature for this recipe.
- Sour cream - Pairs perfectly with the cream cheese.
- Mayo - Use mayonnaise, not whipped dressing or salad dressing.
- Chicken broth - You can also use chicken stock.
- Shredded cheese - I like to use cheddar cheese but any shredded cheese such as mozzarella cheese or Monterey Jack will work.
How To Make Keto Turkey Casserole
This simple casserole dish is a great way to get everyone in the house to eat leftovers. (and no one will even know that they are!)
For the full printable recipe, scroll down to the bottom of the page. This is a shortened version with step-by-step pictures.
Step One: Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and the turkey and spaghetti squash together in a large mixing bowl. Save some of the cheese for topping.
Step Two: Add the mixture to a greased baking dish and sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese.
Step Three: Bake the keto turkey casserole in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbling on top.
Step Five: Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!
You don't really need any other toppings on this recipe but you could add a dollop of sour cream and even some freshly topped chives on top, too.
See how fast and simple it can be to use up the turkey from the holiday meal? This recipe is full of flavor and will pair perfectly with your cooked turkey leftovers!
Spicy - Adding in some fresh diced jalapenos is a great way to add some spice to this dish. You can also add it to your own serving so that the rest of the recipe stays mild for others to enjoy.
Ham or Chicken - Ham would be a great option for this recipe as well. Leftover ham or leftover chicken can easily be a substitute to use in this simple dish.
Bacon - I use bacon in many of my casserole recipes. Feel free to add in some bacon crumbles to this keto turkey casserole as well.
How do you shred the spaghetti squash?
The easiest way to shred the squash is to cook it in the oven and let it cool. Once it's cooled down a beat, take a fork and pull along the meaty parts of the squash. This will "shred" it into long noodle-like strings. Make sure to check out my Spaghetti Squash Bites as well as my Keto Yellow Squash Casserole for even more simple ways to cook this low carb ingredient.
How do you reheat keto turkey casserole?
All you need to do to reheat is pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Take it out, stir, and see if it's at the right temperature. If it needs a bit more time, put it back in the microwave in 10-second intervals.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix seasonings with cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, broth, and half the cheese.
- Stir in the turkey and squash. Spread in the prepared casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until hot, about 30 min.